Wish Fulfillment

Robert Fulford seems a bit too convinced of the originality of his argument about the lifecycles of television shows, but he's made me very happy simply by conveying the information that there does, in fact, exist a show focused on a righteous coroner, who eventually becomes mayor of his town in a spin-off.  

Perhaps this makes me notably morbid, but I do think contemporary television has a striking number of terrific coroners and medical examiners playing supporting roles: Elizabeth Rodgers on Law & Order, Dr. Donald Mallard on NCIS, the team as a whole on Bones, which before it jumped the shark, perhaps fatefully, in last season's finale, was my most substantial guilty pleasure.  And I think forensic science is fascinating, the kind of thing I would never in a million years be comfortable doing, but would love to understand in greater detail.  I'm less interested in the cops who confront people with the Fateful DNA or the Critical Hair than in the people who discover bacteria in the blood, or a telltale bruise.  The idea that our bodies speak after we're gone is sort of remarkable to me.  I am the person who would watch shows based on every single one of Mary Roach's sources for her book on cadavers, Stiff (which is completely uproarious and compassionate.  I read it on the plane between Tokyo and Beijing last year, and I think I terrified everyone by crying with laughter while reading a book with a dead person on the cover).  So has anyone's seen Da Vinci's Inquest?  Any thoughts?