Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves

After Spencer Ackerman publicly suggested that I need to start playing Hood Internet mixtapes at my entertainments, and the Twitterverse exploded about it, I downloaded the latest tape yesterday, and it really is that good.  One track particularly stood out, one with a light female vocal snarling "I might like you better if we slept together."  The gal involved is Philly rapper Amanda Blank.  The video for "Might Like You Better" is pretty rad:



But I'm particularly digging "A Love Song" (the track has some blank space at the end):




Her flow reminds me a little bit of Estelle, whom I adore.  She's got serious hip-hop cred (having worked with Spank Rock, Ghostface, etc.).  And this is a really sweet ode to romance.  We can always use more ladies in hip-hop. Check her out.