Joy to the World

I know that things I sometimes complain or express doubt about include people's willingness to make fools of themselves on camera, and overreliance on technology.  I want to carve out an exception on an issue where I suspend all doubt: flashmobs that involve dancing.  The specific flashmob that inspired that exception was this one, done to Glee covers, in Rome, forwarded to me by my sister (who also got me old-school Archie comics for Christmas.  My sister rules.):



Given the high-quality footage FOX put up of the event, and the relatively high quality of the dancing, I'm pretty sure it was a promotional stunt.  I'm not sure I care.  The folks who are watching look incredibly happy and surprised, a quality I think is both undervalued and underexperienced in popular culture today.