New Robyn!

Okay, there's a bit of false advertising in the title of this post.  Yes, there's new Robyn here, but she's just singing the chorus on a pretty sweet song by I Blame Coco, also known as Sting's daughter:



I'm kind of digging that "It's the Milgram device all over again" line.

But really, the song is making me wonder when we're going to get a new Robyn album.  She's had a great run of guest appearances, whether mixing it up with Snoop Dogg or absolutely killing the vocals on "The Girl and the Robot" (which has one of my favorite videos of the year).  But it's been 2005 since she released Robyn on her own label, Konichiwa Records.  That record is one of the defining CDs of my early twenties.  The bravado on "Curriculum Vitae" is a fairly precise match for my sense of humor, and for the kind of self-presentation I wanted to have when I was graduating from college.  "Bum Like You" and "Be Mine" were the opposite heads of a coin that encapsulated my feelings during a tough transition period.  And "Handle Me" is a great, slightly overaggressive anthem to independence of all kinds.  But we're coming up on five years now.  I want more from her--and I want it to be entirely her creative vision, not in collaboration with anyone else.  Robyn is too unique, and too fascinating, to deny us herself for this long.