There Are No Words

For how brilliant this is:



Seriously, this may be the hip-hop verse closest to my own experience EVER: "I went to museums and the planetarium / I was the toughest motherfucker at the aquarium / Walking down Queens Boulevard, scared of the traffic-a / Only 8-year-old sneaking into "Out of Africa" / Hung out with my Aunt Joyce, she was like my art coach / We would go see foreign movies starring Juliette Binoche / We saw "My Left Foot" starring Daniel Day-Lewis / To me, my Aunt Joyce was such an influential Jewess."

I'm not playing.  My own influential Jewess, my grandmother, passed away many years ago.  But she read me great books, and took me to my first symphony, a performance of "The Planets," conducted by a man in a space suit.  No joke.  She deserves much of the credit for my interest in culture, much more, certainly, than I give her here.