Heart Murmurs

I was flipping aimlessly through Jezebel's gallery of former teen dreams this weekend, when I came across this reminder in the final slide, of tolerance for Justin Bieber maniacs:
Every generation has their irritating, unintentionally hilarious, goofy idol to fall in love with in a completely safe and silly way, and unless you can honestly say that your crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas or Rider Strong or Devon Sawa or Justin Timberlake in his shiny pants days was somehow more legit, let's just give this kid, and his 11-year-old fans, a break.
And oh my goodness, Devon Sawa.  I haven't thought about him in years!  But man, what girl my age didn't have her dreams of a slow dance shaped by the live-action Casper movie? (Christina Ricci really was the best stand-in a generation of weird little girls could have ever had.)





The memories faded quickly, of course.  I'd forgotten Sawa long before he played Stan in Eminem's music video for the song of the same name, long enough that I didn't recognize him, think to make the connection.  The guy had some talent, once upon a time: