And Also of David Fincher (By Way of Zodiac)...

As goofy as it is, I really like the idea of him directing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, theoretically his next project after The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, even though I would rather see him working on original projects than sticking himself with two remakes in a row..  Guy is very good at making enclosed spaces, even something as prosaic as a basement or a trailer, kind of sublimely creepy, skills I think would serve Fincher very well in making a movie where a lot of the action is contained to a ship or a submarine.  He's also extremely good with the details of historical or semi-alternate universes, so necessary to the plausibility of science fiction.  But mostly I just like the guy, and like the idea of really excellent directors and writers tackling big, pulp projects.  No matter how much I hated the Twilight books, and even though I've refused to see the previous movies, I'll probably end up seeing Bill Condon's Breaking Dawn at some point, just to see how the hell he figures out how to tackle the material, and bring his own Bill Condon-ness to it.  It's the same reason I tuned in to Glee on Tuesday night to see what Joss Whedon did with the setup (the answer: not nearly enough of the stuff that's so ineffably him beyond what AV Club identified as some signature camerawork.).  Not all of these opportunities pan out.  But they're almost always interesting to watch.