Everyday Magic

So, it may have been the Cape Cod air, or the fact that I was watching Dancing With the Stars with my grandmother (Is it me, folks, or do both Evan Lysacek and Nicole Scherzinger seem much more appealing on that show than they do in their day jobs?  I'm solidly team Nicole, she's fantastic.) when I heard the song for the first time (I am late to everything), but Michael Bublé's "Haven't Met You Yet" is surprisingly charming.  Plus the video is sort of a perfect example of that English tendency I singled out to make local, ordinary things shine (Bublé's Canadian, so I feel like he's in the ballpark):





I particularly like the dancing pensioners and butcher.  I also feel like even though it's pop and commercial, it's also a totally perfect example of what people love about musicals.  You're somewhere, feeling something out of proportion to the setting, and you just wish folks would sing, or dance, or do something to kick things up a notch.