Love and Laughs

Man, does Drew Barrymore and Justin Long's new romantic comedy look completely delightful:

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&amp;from=sp&amp;fg=MsnEntertainment_MoviesTrailersGP2_a&amp;vid=d60f3cf8-2176-4b2b-b797-de1384117257" target="_new" title="Exclusive: 'Going the Distance' Trailer">Video: Exclusive: 'Going the Distance' Trailer</a>

I understand that not everyone likes Barrymore, but I love her.  And I love that this is a second romantic comedy where she plays someone who is uncompromisingly devoted to her career.  She and Long have tremendous chemistry, which makes sense, given their real-life coupledom.  I don't have exceptionally strong feelings about Long, but I love Charlie Day. I love Jason Sudeikis.  I love Jim Gaffigan, and it makes me happy that he's yet ANOTHER My Boys alum appearing in a good-looking project.  This just has a lot of snap and chemistry (the botched phone sex scene is wonderfully plausible) in addition to the marvelous cast, but more important, perhaps, is what it doesn't have: ludicrous situations, immediately annoying conceits or side characters, or evident and ugly sexism (something that I thought made (500)Days of Summer outright unpleasant instead of just annoying).  That alone would make it worth checking out.  Everything else gives it a chance to be excellent.