Do I Actually Like Elijah Wood?

I always have this idea of Elijah Wood as someone I like, bolstered mainly on the sharp but positive memories I have of him in Lord of the Rings, the hazier memories of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and, I am ashamed to admit, Flipper. But looking at this trailer for The Oxford Murders, which is two years old but appears to be getting an American release or something, he reminds me of nothing so much as Frodo in high pout mode:



And I don't think I like it. Obviously one trailer isn't enough to make me dismiss an actor's entire career, but  it is making me rethink that impression I have of Wood. He was definitely quite good as Frodo, but I don't think he was the best actor in that trilogy. Andy Serkis, Viggo Mortensen, and Ian McKellen were what made it extraordinary. And beyond that, I don't have intense memories of Wood recently. Maybe I should go back and dig into things like Sin City, etc., to see if my concern is warranted. It is funny, though, to realize that an opinion like that rests on very thin supports. I usually have more evidence for the vague impressions I carry around with me.