I Am About to Abandon Any Credibility I May Have As A Critic

But I kind of like the video for Ke$ha's "Your Love Is My Drug." Consider, before you judge:



The original spend-the-night-in-the-desert concept is pretty goofy. You'd get dehydrated out there. But I love the dust-and-turquoise color palette.  And I love the Yellow Submarine-esque animation even more. The only-cute guy Ke$ha's losing it over transformed into the Birth of Venus is a little bit witty, and she an affectionate Little Mermaid. Speaking of said only-cute guy, I like that he's not aggressively hunky. It makes her feelings for him more plausible, actually--she must be really into the guy to be singing things like this about him, rather than blinded by his overwhelming good looks. The glowing-body-paint-with-a-snake is annoying, unfortunately, but the transformation to a kaleidoscope and back into the animation isn't bad.

As for the song itself, it's pretty much her standard. It's not going to change the world or anything. But I do think that her lyrics have an air of the self-dramatizing conversations I feel like people have in a real life, from the "maybe I need some rehab / Or maybe just need some sleep" declaration, to the declaration of herself as behaving "like a lovesick crackhead." It's not a particularly attractive way of speaking, but it's true to the way a lot of folks do talk.