Cheap and Ugly

I would like to like Felicia Day's new SyFy werewolf movie, Red, but given how cheap this trailer looks, and how awful the dialogue is, I fear that's going to be quite difficult:



I often feel like Felicia Day is a real challenge for me. She represents a lot of ideas I like, in principal: she's a girl geek, she's been creative about finding financing and fan support for independent projects. I do like The Guild. And I want to give her as much support as I can because I like these things about her. But I do feel obliged to dissent when the project is bad, or not just bad, but tacky and lazy-looking. Everyone's got to eat, and I certainly don't begrudge Day doing this kind of work to pay the bills, or even the occasional trip to a spa. But I wish SyFy, presented with an actress like her, would at least make an effort to have the feature look creative and be well-written. They do all right with a multi-arc show that represents a bigger investment like Warehouse 13, so why mail it in on this?