Let's Get It On

First, thanks so much to Katie, BabylonSista, Kay and Dylan for keeping house while I was gone. I was mostly, seriously off the grid while I was in Alaska, but when I checked in, it was clear they were kicking ass in my absence. It's such a treat to read them, much less to read them here.

So, I am not the biggest fan of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream," mostly because I think the lyrics are weirdly goofy and condescending. And I think most of the video is, as New York says, eerily like an advertisement. But I think there's one thing in particular about this that works. The sex scene, or really, the lead-up to the sex scene, since that's all we get, has a nice awkwardness to it. New York notes the realistic-but-not-video-worthy white cotton panties. But the struggle with the jeans buttons, and the way they move around the room, captures the gawkiness of desire well. Points for that, Katy.