Sunk

Can we grapple briefly with how insane Battleship is, on every level? Basically, people decided to make a toy movie, but unlike with Transformers, the toys weren't already aliens, so they threw in some aliens, and a bunch of hot people with no particularly discernible acting skills including Rihanna and Brooklyn Decker, and hot people with discernible acting skills like Alexander Skarsgard and Taylor Kitsch (when am I getting my Rogue and Gambit movie, people who are greenlighting Every Damn Superhero Thing In Existence) and now Liam Neeson's signed on to this nonsense? And Tom Arnold was already? I swear to God, Emma Thompson could sign on to this thing and I would not be surprised. It's like everyone in Hollywood decided "Hey, could be fun!" and the folks making the damn thing thought "Well, we have a big boat." And Peter Berg made Hancock, which I actually really liked, which only makes me more confused about this whole situation. I think the solution is probably surrender and a bourbon, but at the moment, my headache over all of this is considerable.