Just Desserts

Two reasons this interview with Sigourney Weaver make me even more excited than I already was for Vamps:

1) Apparently, Weaver will be playing an unrepentant vampire queen. Weaver is unbelievably fabulous, funny, and tough. My real wish for Avatar was that she'd been the movie's main character. I love the idea of seeing her glam and evil.

2) I somehow missed that Justin Kirk was involved with this project. And let me tell you, I love me some Justin Kirk. He is utterly astonishing in Angels in America. He's delightfully creepy in his one-off on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He's been a lot of fun in the small roles he's had on Modern Family this year. I am not a Weeds person, but I hear good things about him there, too. It often seemed to me like everyone but Kirk got the bump they deserved from Angels. Meryl Streep, Al Pacino and Emma Thompson didn't need bumps, of course, but Mary Louise Parker ended up with Weeds, Patrick Wilson earned himself a steady rotation of big movie roles, Jeffrey Wright may still be underrated but is working in things like the Bond series, and Ben Shenkman got Burn Notice, Gray's Anatomy, and now Damages. Kirk's tremendously talented, and deserves all the success that comes his way. I just hope there's more of it following this. The world only spins forward, right?