Literary All-Stars

By Rachael

Maybe it's just because I work at the magazine that first published alot of these folks, but I'm really enjoying the new Literary World Series t-shirts by Brooklyn company Novel-T. As they say, "Jerseys are a great way to show support for your heroes--if your heroes happen to be athletes. What if your heroes are found in the bookstore instead of the ballpark? What if books are your game?" (They sound like me giving my Words are Power! speech when I was an English teacher.)

But seriously, there is some excellent gift potential here. How about this for your lethargic, but oh-so-literate little brother?

What's more, for every shirt purchased, Novel-T will donate a dollar to 826NYC, a nonprofit focused on developing student writing that was started by Dave Eggers. 826 also operates the wonderful superhero store in Park Slope. Go say hi to my friend Ballard.

(Embarrassing - when I saw the "Whitman" one, my first thought was "Dick." Too much Mad Men...)

Images by Novel-T