Boycotting Roman Polanski

Is a lot easier when he makes movies that look this patently goofy:





Maybe it's just me, but I'm having a harder and harder time taking Pierce Brosnan remotely seriously, something that makes me a little sad since it makes it harder to enjoy the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair (Also, IMdB tells me there's a sequel to this in the works for 2012.  I have no idea what the plot would be, but I sure hope Rene Russo ends up with Dennis Leary.  I have a thing for tough cops who make speeches.).  I do vaguely wish this movie looked better, since the premise, about a ghost writer for a politician who begins to suspect his subject may have committed a murder, is juicy, and probably the thing that would make a fine BBC serial.  I know a lot of folks think Kim Cattrall is kind of ridiculous, but I love her, and would like to see her have a career beyond Sex and the City, which she deserves not to get typecast by.  And Tony Gilroy has instilled me with an incredibly intense love of Tom Wilkinson. In fact, I think Tony Gilroy should have made this movie.  It'd be guaranteed to be absurdly well-written.  And I could watch it with a clear conscience.