Bring in the Horns, Bring in the Rhymes

I love Janelle Monae, in all her freaky glory, but I am really glad to hear her latest single is a fun, accessible jam with Big Boi.  Funny, when I think about it, I would have thought that Andre 3000 would have been a natural collaborator for her, at least from her outward aesthetics.  But Big Boi's super-percussive flow sounds great in this stripped-down, chanted track (and he does show up in the video I linked above as Sir Luscious Leftfoot, the character who is defining his upcoming album, and she's the cute girl rocking out in the backseat of his video for "Morris Brown.").  And I'm happy that she has a very consciously-inserted brass section in the track.  Horns deserve more love as an offset for MCing.  That metallic sound is great.  I hope this wins her some attention and some love, and her upcoming album gets her the broader reputation she so deserves.