Regular Girls For The Win

I freely admit that Love Bites, one of the shows NBC is premiering this fall, could be completely terrible:



But guys, look at that cast.  Becki Newton was consistently one of the best things about Ugly Betty.  Jason Lewis was never exactly given a ton to do in the Sex and the City franchise, but I'd like to see him play funny.  And we already know Craig Robinson can pull that off.  But most of all, I'm just thrilled to see Kyle Howard and especially Jordana Spiro, who were so sweet, funny, and relatable on My Boys move onto a network show.  My Boys has always been treated like an afterthought, but when it premiered the summer I entered the working world, it was one of the truest guides I found to what it's like to be a young woman managing a nascent career and a group of friends.  It social interactions were based in believable character patterns and plausible mixups and established humor.  P.J., the main character, wasn't impossibly overdone, but the show didn't try to pretend that she was a troll either, just someone who underdeveloped certain parts of her personality and social skills.  I'm glad she'll get to play spicy here, but I do hope they make her multidimensional.  I think she and Newton could play beautifully off each other.