Condescending to the Kids

Is it supposed to be, like, subversive or empowering or something that the girl wolf voiced by Alpha and Omega is supposed to be the best hunter?



I am not exaggerating when I say I despair over the fact that this is about the average for what's offered to kids these days. Can you imagine growing up with this as the standard? Maybe it makes it even more amazing when you realize art can be better than this, but I still feel like I had some genuine revelations, and I grew up in the second Golden Age of Disney. It's not fair to treat kids that lazily, to give them such junk, to suggest this is all there is. It's really sad.

I don't know that the solution is to raise hipster kids either. But if you love your children, you've got to give them stuff that will move them, that will make them laugh, and help them grow. There's good stuff out there that doesn't have to be arch, and emotionally removed. If only studios would continue making more of it, instead of churning out this kind of trash.