It's Not Funny

So, the trailer for Never Let Me Go looks quite good:



I really do need to read the book. But I have to say that what the trailer most made me think of, and I had to go back and check on this, is that unless the Pirates of the Caribbean movies* count, which I don't think they do, Keira Knightley's never been in a comedy. It's a weird omission from her resume, and I can't quite figure it out. I don't think of her as an exceptionally humorless actress. She's tried a whole bunch of genres, from period, to action. So why not comedy? Is it just that her great, quivering, sharp jawline, perhaps her best physical asset as a performer, is more suited to drama?

*Or Domino, which is beyond laughably awful. It's from before Mickey Rourke's comeback. And before Mo'Nique won her Oscar. It is quite something.