Drip, Drip, Drip

I feel like I've been posting fragments, or versions of "Lookin' For Ya" for almost as long as I've been blogging here. And now we've got another one! There are very few songs I'd be interested in following as much as I've followed this one, but I think that's probably mostly an effect of the fact that it hasn't been officially released as a single because of the legal problems around OutKast rights. I also think it's because we usually get definitive singles releases. They both feel like the statement of what the artist is satisfied with, and because they're what we hear the most, they get established in our brains as the official version. This song as been through neither the validation process nor the repetition process, so wisps of it hold all the versions together when I hear it, and keep grabbing at me when I think about it, even if it hasn't settled on me as an established and coherent idea yet.