Hey, More Fast Zombies!

This time, getting sliced and diced by Paul Bettany in yet another one of his inexplicably dumb and ugly-looking action roles, accompanied by Maggie Q, Stephen Moyer, and other worthies:



From Crackle: Priest


The only thing that I think is kind of promising about this is that with his Mysterious Man With A Hat role here Karl Urban seems to be spending some time expanding the part of his skill set that involves playing folks who are either ambiguous or outright bad guys. He's the villain in Red, too. A guy that absurdly dreamy (him as scruffy Bones at the beginning of Star Trek is delightful) could skate on it forever, but it's probably better for him to scrupulously avoid developing too much of a track record, lest he become the Gerard Butler of the Month or something.

I'm not sure yet whether I'm super-interested in getting drawn into the Are They Fast Zombies? Or Ugly Vamps? debate, though I think this is an interesting explication of the subject. But certainly, some hybrid appears like it's going to be with us for a while. I don't think I care about terminology, as long as they wipe the Cullen clan off the cultural map.